Fortnite for PC download is easy. As millions of people already know that the game is available on many popular platforms, the PC version is one of the most downloaded among them all. So if you are here to download the Fortnite for PC, we have that prepared for you in this article.
Fortnite is a battle royale genre that is currently sweeping the global gaming market by storm. It features one of the most intuitive gameplay. It revolves around a hundred online players battling head to head to be the last one standing.
If you are into this type of game, the Fortnite will put you in an adrenaline rush and on the edge of your seat. Frankly speaking, I have never been this impressed for a game since I got my very first Windows game title. It was Need for Speed: Most Wanted back in the year 2006.
Now, going back to Fortnite for PC, we will be sharing you the simplest and straightforward way to download and install Fortnite on your Windows device. Just make sure to meet the game’s system requirements with a good mouse, and you will be all set.
How to Install Fortnite for PC
The best thing about Fortnite is the fact that it presently supports popular operating systems. Yes, the game is totally a cross-platform so you will be able to shift from one device to another with a different operating system. So we will not need any emulators or workaround to make this thing happen. Let’s start.
- The first thing to do is open a new tab and go to the Fortnite official download page.
- Once there, click on the “Play Free Now” button.
- On the next page, you will need to sign up for a new account using any of your current or available social media accounts. But if in any way that you have already had an Epic Games account, just click on the “Sign In” button instead.
- Once you are registered or logged in, the page will reload and as soon as the “Thank You” page shows up, the download will initiate.
- If you have already registered earlier, you can go to the download button below and click on it.
- You should see the “EpicInstaller” on your download tab at the bottom of the browser. Note that this is just the online installer and not the entire Fortnite for PC installer.
- As soon as the download finishes, click on the EpicInstaller to initiate the Fortnite installation setup.
- The installation would download around 11GB of files or more depending on the version that you are getting. Typically, every time the Fortnite game gets an update, the overall size also increases.
- The download should take an hour or more depending on the speed of your internet subscription. But as soon as it finishes, you can then launch the game using the desktop icon and play Fortnite for PC battle royale as much as many times as you want.
|Requirement||Windows 7/8/10 64-bit|
|Last Updated||24 Jul 2021|
Fortnite for PC Minimum System Requirements
- Intel HD 4000
- Core i3 2.4 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Note that Fortnite will only run on Windows 64 bit versions, unlike other battle royale games that you know. So if your system is using the 32-bit version, you need to reformat your machine to 64-bit architecture.
The worst part is when you are using the 32-bit processor because that cannot be upgraded by just using the Windows 64 bit version. Instead, you will need to purchase a new Windows machine overall. Also, a great optical mouse should help.
Also, since this is a minimum system requirement, this will be maximized if you only run Fortnite and no other demanding apps in the background.
Fortnite for PC Recommended System Requirements
- Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU
- 2 GB VRAM
- Core i5 2.8 GHz
- 8 GB RAM
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
If you have even better hardware on your PC, the gameplay will have an even better result and experience. That will also mean sweeter graphics and a smoother response rate.
Features of Fortnite for PC
- Brings 100 online players into one island and make them fight to the death until one is left.
- Use all weapons, ammo, and other supplies and tools that you come across within the game.
- Build structures to create a plan or strategy or just create for creating a better defense.
- Purchase accessories and other stuff available within the game.
- Features maps that will make for the best gameplay experience.
- Appealing graphical quality that renders the game suitable for younger audiences and gamers.
- Supports co-op or teamwork (duos and squads) play so you can conquer the island with your friends.
- Supports queuing immediately as soon as you get killed in a game. This saves more time and gets you back in the game in a shorter period of time.
- The game is playable on different platforms which makes it a cross-platform title.
- Fortnite is not a Play-2-Win type of game. That means you cannot buy your way to win. You play with your present level of skill, and that leaves everything to your own method on how to win the game.
- Epic Games promotes fair play to win. So cheaters caught in the act or reported will be banned from the game for good. That means your account will also face deactivation and you will have to start again from scratch.
The game requires a certain amount of memory. If you have 2GB-4GB amount of RAM, adding more memory would make you able to play the game on the highest FPS available.
The Fortnite for PC for many of us is the best battle Royale that ever existed in the present time. All other versions are alright on their own field and platform.
Given that the Fortnite is a great game, but it is far from perfect. On that note, Epic Games could add more to the game including new features and some stuff like free roam mode for training and practices.
In your opinion, what other features do you think would make Fortnite for PC better and more appealing to other players that are still stuck considering Fortnite as their next game title for battle royale? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to know your thoughts and opinions.
And if you have topic suggestions or even lingering questions about today’s topics, feel free to leave a message down below. We will try to get back to you as soon as we can.